Our exceptional and unique academic services are truly designed to meet your child’s specific needs. We pride ourselves in taking a whole brain approach to education where we focus on your whole child and provide interventions to meet their specific strengths and weaknesses.
At Two Fish Therapy we offer one of a kind specialized assessment and treatment of your child’s neurodevelopmental abilities AND/OR academic abilities (reading, writing, and math). This two-tiered approach allows us to identify and target essential components needed for their school success.
Not sure if your child needs services? We are a great place to start if your child does not have any diagnosis, but you are worried because they are struggling academically. In this case, we can screen and evaluate your child for indicators of a variety of learning disabilities including dyslexia, dysgraphia, auditory processing disorder, visual processing disorders, and other developmental delays. Early intervention is proven to be the key to success.
If they have already been evaluated and diagnosed, we can review their prior assessment and tailor future tutoring to meet their unique academic needs.
We can screen and/or evaluate your child for delays or impairments in academic skills that are consistent with specific learning disabilities including, Dyscalculia (math), Dysgraphia (writing) and/or Dyslexia (reading).
In addition to academic testing, we also test for strength and delays in any of these developmental areas:
- Primitive reflexes
- Sensory processing skills (our abilities to control our responses to sensory input) Motor skills (sensory, fine, eye-hand coordination, and gross)
- Ocular motor skills (our ability to coordinate and control eye movement for functional use – reading, writing, math)
- Visual processing (for instance perception how we interpret what we see which is different from acuity which assesses how clearly we see) and memory
- Auditory processing skills (including discrimination and Phonological (how we process sounds) processing skills
- Executive functioning skills (our ability to control higher order thinking including controlling impulses, planning, following directions, etc.)
Tutoring Intervention Plans:
Our comprehensive evaluation gets to the root of your child’s academic difficulties enabling us to make specific learning plans to help them meet their fullest academic potential.
Scholarship and Insurances:
We accepted a variety of health care insurances as well as state school scholarships. We are Family Empowerment (previously known as Gardiner) Providers!